"Hi, you are making a film (Morocco, Portugal, Spain), shooting
A film which you can be a directorShooting
Cinema, participatory project
The collective film project "Hi, you are making a film (Morocco, Portugal, Spain)" keeps on running!.
The shooting will go on until January 31st. People interested in participating by recording, could ask for a shot and the instructions to record it at the web HEH1P or the mail email@example.com.
"Hi, you are making a film (Morocco, Portugal, Spain)" main goal is to create a collective film from the scripts and storyboards made by teenagers 16 to 18th year old from Tangier (Morocco), Abrantes (Portugal) and Madrid (Spain).
‘Hi, you are making a film’ (Morocco, Portugal, Spain) has four phases ending June 2013: scriptwriting, story board, shooting and film premiere.
The final film will have three versions, in Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic. The premier of the film will take place simultaneously in Abrantes (Portugal), Madrid (Spain) and Tangier (Morocco).
The whole process will be documented in the blog holaestashaciendo1peli.org.
PROJECT TRAJECTORY. "Hi, you are making a film" is a collective experiment that has produced 18 short films in two years. The initial 12 scripts were made by immigrant from Lavapiés neighborhood in Madrid. The following 4 by inhabitants of four little villages in Leon, affected by depopulation. The last 2 scripts were made by children of a rural school in Pontós (Girona) and their neighbors. "Hi, you are making a film" 18 short films have been shot by 550 directors with a total participation of 1.200 people.
• The film has not a director but many, and its script is written collectively.
• There is no racord (film continuity) of locations, light, clothing, language or actors.
• The process of the film is as important as the film itself.
• The film participants are co-authors, the authorship is collective.
• The format is not important, the contents matters. Each person may choose the format to shoot, film, video, mobile phone, webcam format…
• No one shoots more than one shot.
• Performance style is totally free.
• The role of the editor is NOT the usual way, should joint the shots and generate a film with an appropriate rhythm so as to be legible.
• The text can be performed in any language.
• The premiere of the film will take place with none of the participants knowing the film. It will be subtitled in Arab, Portuguese and Spanish.
• The Project is “Creative Commons”.
‘Hi, you are making a film (Morocco, Portugal, Spain)", is promoted by Maelstrom / Off Limits with the participation of Espalhafitas,Tatatour and the support of the Collaboration Grants of the European Cultural Foundation